Dipped in a tasty batter, rolled in shredded coconut, fried and baked, these shrimp will simple amaze and delight anyone who tastes them. Especially when they try mixed with the home-made dipping sauce!
To serve 6
750gm Large Shrimp â€“ Peeled and de-veined
Â½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
Â½ Cup Cornstarch
Â½ tbsp Ground White Pepper
2tbsp Vegetable Oil
1cup Ice Water
2cups Shredded Coconut
Vegetable Oil (For frying)
Â½ Cup Orange Marmalade
Â¼ Cup Dijon Mustard
Â¼ Cup Honey
Â¼ tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
1. Peel, de-vein and wash the shrimp, before drying well on paper towels.
2. Mix the Flour, Cornstarch, Salt and White Pepper together, and add two tablespoons of Vegetable Oil and the Ice water, before stirring to blend well â€“ make sure that there are no lumps.
3. Heat the oven up to around 150 C, and pour some Vegetable Oil in a pan and heat up.
4. Pour the Shredded Coconut into a shallow tray. Dip each Shrimp one at a time into the Batter, before dipping into Coconut. Once each Shrimp is coated, place in a frying pain of Oil heated to around 175C, and fry until lightly browned â€“ around about four minutes.
5. Bake the fried Shrimp in the oven for around five minutes to finish them off.
6. Once the Shrimp have been taken out of the oven, leave to cool. During this time, combine the Marmalade, Mustard, Honey and Hot Sauce in a small bowl, and mix well.
Serve on the same plate, on a bed of shredded lettuce.
Photo Courtesy of: VeryGreen